Search Web by Domain
|Explore 1,218,268 web sites visited by users of the Netcraft Toolbar||17th January 2017|
Examples & Tips
- Only web sites which have been visited by users of the Netcraft Toolbar at least five times within the last six months will be shown in the search results.
- Only the hostnames of the sites are stored, not the contents of the sites.
- The search is not case sensitive.
- For the best results, do not use space separated words.
- To refine a search that returns too many sites, try limiting the search by Simple Search. Then search on a word that more precisely describes what you are looking for. The output of a previous search may be helpful in deciding what word to use.
SyntaxThe search program can take patterns containing the valid domain name characters A-z, 0-9, '.', underscore ('_') and minus ('-'). The ':' port specifier character, and some metacharacters;
- * matches any number of characters.
- ? matches a single character.
- [ ] matches on specified characters; eg. [aeiou] matches any vowel.
- All other characters are removed from the search string.
Try Some Examples
- Sites matching "ActiveX".
- Sites in "*.sun.com". Note the "*." at the start of the search pattern to force a match within the .sun.com domain.
- Top level domains that have their own web server: "www.??" and "www.???". Note that '?' matches any single character.
- Oracle web sites in the country specific domains: "www.oracle.*.??" and "www.oracle.??".
- US State government web servers: "www.state.??.us".
Copyright © Netcraft Ltd 2017. All Rights Reserved.